Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Learning Freehand

Here is the auction picture of my new John Higby painted Takeshi Modded Freehand2. I will get a few better images once I have time to upload some images to flickr. This yoyo looks Zsweet when spinning. The red and yellow mix into the perfect yellow/orange blur. The yoyo feels much more solid than my takeshi mod FHZ. The side caps look kind of silly, but they feel much nicer than the paper caps normally on a FH2.


I decided to document my Freehand en devours more than I did (re)learning to yoyo the last four months. My entire documentation of my yoyo progress is a note made in early March that I finally learned to do Atom Smasher, and I can do Split the Atom every time.


I just got 6 shiny new John Higby painted yoyos. Three of them came with cool bouncy ball counterweights. Since I now have 6 counterweights (three came with my Takeshi modded FH0 I got a couple months ago), I thought I would give 5A yoyoing (Freehand) a try.


Today I learned to hold the yoyo in each hand. And I am able to do alternating trapezes a few times each time I throw. I can't really throw straight with my left hand, or bind the yoyo back left handed. I also tried a few tosses of the yoyo and counterweight, and managed to catch the string a few times, but end the end I did a run away dog down the hall. Once I got home, I practiced a while more, and found that grass is great since it both cushions the fall, and keeps the yoyo from running away.


I find that I feel like I have a club left hand, much like trying to juggle 3 balls in my left hand. I'm wondering if I should learn some more basic 1A tricks left handed to help with 5A? I've been planning to learn some 2A, so maybe that will help. I actually can get my first loop right on my left hand more often than my right; however, I can loop dozens of times right handed, but the yoyo quickly goes out of control left handed.


Not sure what this has to do with chilis, but obviously I'm not blogging about food so maybe this will motivate me more. ^_^


No comments: