Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wrist Dismount

888 and Milk

Here is a picture of my 888 and Milk! I really like the 888 a LOT. I came very very close to buying a Higby edition, but somehow managed to control myself. It spins forever, and is totally smooth.

Yes, I am allergic to milk... but the yoyo does not seem to be bothering me:
Milk Does a Body Good

Gaaaa! I spent 30 minutes yesterday remembering how to do the dismount from Spirit Bomb. I managed to do a Spirit Bomb at lunch, but before bed I managed to land the second hop twice, but both times got a knot for a dismount. So I failed to do just the dismount like 153 times in a row. Finally lying in bed I remembered it is a dunk, not an orbit... and jumped out of bed (Dawn now knows I'm crazy) and did it 3 times in a row. Yey!

I managed to do a full, if not very impressive, freehand Atom Smasher today. I did it right first, caught the counterweight in my left and did it left handed, and managed to smash the counter weight around and nailed the bind at the end. I doubt I will ever be as impressive as the great Steve Brown, but if I do it 500 more times I will maybe at least look like I know what I'm doing.

No comments: