Saturday, July 14, 2007

Atom Smasher

Custom Takeshi Mod Higby Painted FH2

Not sure what I think of these caps. They are kind of cool, but I wasn't there. Obviously I'm not one of the "Best Players". (Especially since in 2004 I couldn't even do Brain Twister.)

Atom Smasher seems more interesting free hand. I've done it succesfully about 4 times in a row, then failed to do it since. I can almost do left handed windmills. I can do a right handed windmill to trapeze, then left handed windmill, but usually fail to give enough momentum for the trapeze. But, I'm landing the trapezes 40% of the way along the string now, instead of the 15-20% of the way along like I was before. It looks a lot better, and I'm getting better at aiming left handed. I think I usually land (Old Man and his) Brother closer to 25%, so maybe I'll get better at that trick too? (Maybe not, the sister string, or double extra string for Double Brother get in the way.)

I practiced Spirit Bomb for a while last night and this morning. I figured out what I was doing wrong, but I keep landing the final pop on the inside of the triangle. I was doing something funky with my left hand to get the strings out of the way to allow me to land it, guess I need more practice. I honestly don't know if my last successful attempt (first time I tried on my KOS a month ago) was before or after I started doing the funky thing, hopefully before.

I have bad slack on Boomerang, so it snags with the stock Free Hand Zeros. I can feel the slack on my responsive Hitman, but it is not responsive enough to care. Need to be smoother!

No comments: