Thursday, July 19, 2007

Spirit Bomb!!

Matching Higby Flaming Freehand Zeros!

These are our Flaming Freehand Zeros, painted by John Higby. They are crazy responsive with the Duncan friction stickers. I find I can still do most of my tricks, but I have trouble with Boomerang and Poppin' Fresh. Oddly, I can almost do Kwijibo, but no boomerang, which should be way easier. Lots of fun, but now I want a Takeshi Modded Flaming Higby Painted Zero!

I've landed two spirit bombs in a row! (And I just messed up the dismount on the 0th and 3rd, so almost 4 in a row.) The secret to landing the second hop seems to be passing your right thumb past the top string (with your hands crossed) and grabbing the lower string to open up the triangle nice and big. Then point your forearm up more than is comfortable to get the middle string (was the top string) centered between the two top ones making the triangle. This was on my Milk, so now I need to learn it on my Kos which is more responsive.

No comments: